June 20 2022 at 12:50PM
Benefits of Serving on the Governance Board
- Hands-on Leadership Opportunity - Develop the skills needed to lead a high performing non-profit professional organization.
- Develop Strategic Planning & Execution Skills - Develop strategic planning skills by improving the transparency, visibility, and accountability of our chapters 2023-24 strategic plan.
- Mentoring - Provide guidance, mentor, and coach the operational organization (officers and committees) to carry out the strategic goals of the chapter.
- Formal Leadership Development Opportunities - Meet and learn from other chapter leaders worldwide at local, regional, and national training seminars. Our Region 4 Leadership Meeting includes 20+ chapters and our annual volunteer Leadership Institute Meeting allows our chapter leaders to discuss and share best practices and joint initiatives. Normal business expenses are covered by the chapter.
- Visibility - Be a very visible leader in the project management community.
- Earn PDUs - Board members that are PMP's may earn up to ten (10) PDU's for participation on the board for each year of service.