Dr. Harold Kerzner is Senior Executive Director for Project Management for the International Institute for Learning (IIL). He has a MS and Ph.D. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Illinois and an MBA from Utah State University. He is a prior Air Force Officer and spent several years at Morton-Thiokol in project management. He taught engineering at the University of Illinois and business administration at Utah State University and for 37 years taught project management at Baldwin-Wallace University. He has published or presented numerous engineering and business papers, and has published more than 50 college textbooks on project management, including later editions. His three latest books are (1) PM 2.0: The Future of Project Management; (2) Project Management Metrics, KPIs and Dashboards, and (3) Project Recovery: Case Studies and Techniques for Overcoming Project Failure.
He travels around the world each year conducting project management lectures in Japan, China, Russia, Brazil, The United Arab Emirates, Singapore, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, France, Italy, England and Switzerland.
His recognitions include:
- The University of Illinois granted Dr. Kerzner a Distinguished Recent Alumni Award for his contributions to the field of project management
- Utah State University provided Dr. Kerzner with the 1998 Distinguished Service Award for his contributions to the field of project management
- The Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Project Management Institute gives out the Kerzner Award once a year to one project manager in Northeast Ohio that has demonstrated excellence in project management
- The Project Management Institute (National Organization) in cooperation with IIL has initiated the Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year Award given to one project manager yearly anywhere in the world
- The Project Management Institute also gives out four scholarships each year in Dr. Kerzner's name for graduate studies in project management
- Baldwin-Wallace University has instituted the Kerzner Distinguished Lecturer Series in project management