PMINEO is now accepting nominations for the two 2017 Kerzner Awards; the prestigious Award for Project Management Excellence and the Project of the Year.
According to Todd R. Jones, PMP, PMI-ACP, Operations Board member in charge of PMINEO Member Services: “These are the highest awards our chapter can bestow on any organization. The Awards recognize the fantastic work that is being done by Project Management practitioners in our region. The Awards recognize the highest levels of professional achievement in project management within our Northeast Ohio region.”
In order to be nominated, the project can be of any type and from any industry. All nominated projects all must be expertly managed to deliver the on-time, on-budget results, learning and integration that organizations need.
Both public and private sector projects are welcome. Nominees do not need to be a member of PMI or PMINEO.
The forms for nominations can be downloaded here.
An overview of the two Kerzner awards is provided
I. Award for Project Management Excellence
The Kerzner Project Management Excellence (PME) Award recognizes and honours one individual demonstrating significant contributions and continual commitment to the project management profession; enhancing project management concepts, practices and techniques. The PME is awarded to an individual for continuously exemplifying the characteristics of a strong, effective project manager throughout their career. This person demonstrated an ongoing commitment to the standards, goals and practices of project management.
· Any individual who has significant project/program/portfolio management responsibility within their company.
· Any individual who has shown leadership in advancing the project management profession.
· Any individual who has shown an ongoing commitment to the standards, goals and practices of project management.
· The project management work completed by the nominee, must be done by or for, a Northeast Ohio division or company organization. This may be a for-profit or non-profit organization.
· Nominees do not need to be a member of PMI or PMINEO.
· Nominees do not need to be PMP nor CaPM certified.
Award for PME Nomination Procedures
· Self-nomination is not permitted.
· Nominators must complete the Project Management Excellence online submission form.
· Nominations must be received by the application deadline. See the General Nomination Guidelines, below, for more information.
II. PMINEO Project of the Year
The Kerzner Project of the Year (POY) Award recognizes the large and complex project that best delivers:
· Superior performance of project management practices
· Superior organizational results
· Any project completed in Northeast Ohio.
· Any project completed during the 2017 calendar year.
· May be awarded to an individual or group.
· Project of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors.
· The project does not need to be affiliated with anyone who is a PMI member.
· A PMP certified Project Manager is not required for eligibility.
Award for POY Nomination Procedures
· Team/Self-nominations are permitted.
· Nominators must complete the 2017 Project of the Year nomination form. Directions for submission are included in the form.
· Nominations must be received by the application deadline. See the General Submission Guidelines for more information.
Note: The individual(s) receiving the Project of the Year award will have the opportunity to showcase their project at a subsequent chapter meeting.
III. General Nominating Guidelines
All nominations must be submitted no later than 28th of November 2017.
The nomination committee will review all submissions and the PMINEO Membership committee will notify nominees of their decision by December 11, 2017.
All nominators must:
· Have personal knowledge of why the individual or project is being nominated.
· Submit the appropriate online forms for each reward.
Nominators are not required to have PMI affiliation.
The PMINEO 2017 Kerzner Awards nomination committee will review all submissions and the PMINEO Membership committee will notify nominees of their decision by December 12, 2017.
Announcement of Award Winners at Jan 23, 2017 Dinner
The awards will be publicly announced at our annual Kerzner Awards Dinner to be held on January 23, 2017. REGISTER HERE
Future Chapter Meeting Kerzner Awards Presentation
Presentation of the 2017 Kerzner Award winning presentation will most likely be scheduled for some time in the Fall of 2018. This meeting will be your chance to find out more about what is behind the success of the 2017 award winner. Representatives of the project will talk about the project, the value of the project to their company and what they did as Project Managers that made a difference. It will be a great opportunity to listen for the new ideas you’ve been looking for to push your own project over the top and ask questions of the people who made it a success.