Defining, Estimating, Scheduling & Forecasting Projects, 8 PDUs, with Lee R. Lambert,PMP, CEO
Date: December 10, 2014
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm (check in begins at 8:00)
Where: Hawthorne Valley Country Club
Price: $349 (Members Only - promo code "PMINEO")
To find more information and to register click:
You can't afford to miss this PDU® earning – intellectual learning opportunity. Capitalize on real world materials and examples and benefit from hands-on applications of proven value-added project management tools and techniques. Learn how to DO what everyone else is talking about.
Define work scope, structure deliverables, define precedence relationships, accomplish quantitative progress assessment and make uncanny predictions for the future of your project efforts. Finally, you will be able to stop talking about project management and become a moving force in realizing a substantial ROI on your project management knowledge.
During this session, we will cover:
- Project Selection/Retention Techniques
- Project Definition Methodology
- Project Estimating (time, cost, resources)
- Project Status Approaches
- Analyzing Variances and Forecasting the Future
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and utilize a variety of project selections/retention techniques -- ROI, critical need, operational importance, new/improved products/services
- Utilize the work breakdown structure approach to identifying and decomposing the works scope to serve as the foundation to the planning and execution process
- Based on the WBS, develop realistic estimates for expected resource utilization and associated effort (time) and cost
- Establish a Project Performance Measurement Baseline for use in comparing expectations (resource, time, cost) to actuals at any level of the WBS
- Implement variance analysis techniques to facilitate realistic assessment of root cause for variances AND techniques for projecting/forecasting current status to quantify variance impact the future status
Recent student feedback:
"Intelligent, funny - not focused on "text book" PM but "realistic" PM. Thank you - wonderful course!" ~ Kathy Cherubini- National City Mortgage
"Best PM speaker I have ever heard! Lee is consistent, funny and REAL!"
~ Cyndi Zwolinski-Budco-PMO
"IBM wouldn't pay for my training, but I took the chance of spending my own money and I'd do it again tomorrow! Lee is the best facilitator I've ever had!"
~ Michael Spivey- IBM
"As always, Lee gave me a fresh perspective and comic relief. He is a gem!" ~ Lee Pinkerton - The Midland Company
About your instructor:
Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO
PMI Fellow (2009)
PMI Professional Development Provider of the Year (2007)
PMI Distinguished Contribution Award (1995)
Lee Lambert takes the saying; "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" to new heights in project management training, by incorporating a pragmatic perspective and a unique use of personal analogies to help bring the subject matter to life. No other Project Management educator can contend with his uncanny technical knowledge, material content and refreshing delivery - not to mention his humorous, engaging, CommonSense™ style that has mesmerized more than 40,000 students in 21 countries. Lee has been an honored and distinguished member of the project management community since 1968 and was part of the original team that formulated and implemented the PMP Certification Program. He is recognized as one of the most effective project management educators in the world.