Dear Northeast Ohio PMI Members,
FINAL NOTICE to accept nominations (deadline November 17)!
Our chapter’s Board of Directors is made up of 5 elected officials with staggered terms. Two (2) of these positions expire at the end of this year. We are now accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Treasurer - shall oversee the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of the PMI - Northeast Ohio Chapter.
- Director At-Large #1 - Director at Large #1 shall have specific duties as determined by a majority vote of the board.
Additional information about these positions and candidate qualifications is at the end of this notice.
In order to qualify for election to a Board position, or to be appointed to an operational officer position within the Chapter, a member must meet the following two requirements:
(a) The member must be a Chapter Member in good standing.
(b) The member must be a regular individual member in PMI ®, not a student member.
And the member must also meet one of the following three requirements:
(a) The member must have earned the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
(b) The member must have served on a chapter committee during the calendar year previous to the elected or appointed term of office.
(c) The member must be granted an exception to these requirements by a majority of the Board of Directors of the PMI - Northeast Ohio Chapter.
The following are expectations of the NEO board, and their roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain the code of ethics, fiduciary, and legal responsibilities of the chapter.
- Develop and continually update a strategic plan for the chapter in 3-5 year time horizon.
- Outline the strategic vision, mission, goals and objectives of the chapter.
- Participate in quarterly budget creation, review and approval in support of the strategic plan.
- Nominate and hold accountable the officers and theirs committees to the strategic and tactical goals of the chapter.
- Attend in-person quarterly board meetings to discuss the strategy and budget.
- Attend teleconference and ad-hoc meetings called by the board.
- Participate on executive committees to demonstrate support of strategic initiatives.
- Be accountable to PMI and to the chapter members on the business, legal and financial matters of the chapter.
- Diplomatic role between the chapter and other organizations like PMI, other components, other professional organizations, educational institutions, etc.
Benefits from participating on the NEO Board are:
- Develop the skills needed to lead a non-profit professional organization.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the chapter. Enhance strategic planning skills by developing a strategic plan, perform a SWOT analysis, and assess the value-proposition & ROI of new initiatives within the chapter.
- Provide guidance, mentor and coach the operational organization (officers and committees) to carry out the strategic goals of the chapter.
- Be a very visible leader in the project management community.
- Meet and learn from other component leaders worldwide. Have the opportunity to meet with fellow chapters inOhio to discuss and share best practices and joint initiatives. Normal business expenses to be covered by the chapter.
- Meet and learn from PMI and fellow component leaders at the bi-annual Leadership meetings. Normal business expenses to be covered by the chapter.
- Board members that are PMP’s may earn up to ten (10) PDU’s for participation on the board for each year of service.
Laura Miller, PMP
Director of Nominating Committee - PMI Northeast Ohio Chapter