Project of the year: Project of the Year: Joann.com Order Management System
from left to right:
- Matt McConnell, Senior Solutions Analyst
- Greg Blanchard, Director of Solutions Management
- Brian Forbush, Manager of Enterprise Projects
- Alison Hamel, Manager of Multi-Channel Solutions (not pictured)
Kerzner Award winner: Joe Anastaci
PDUs: 1.5 - Download PDU form here. *Please allow 3-5 business days after the event to process attendance confirmation and PDU claim information.
Topic: The Future of Project Management
Over the years, a new breed of project manager has appeared. The new project manager has significantly more business knowledge than their predecessors. The project manager must make both project and business-related decisions and manage multiple stakeholders, each of whom has a different definition of project success, different reporting requirements and a different perception of value at the end of the project. As a further complication, the true value of the project may not be known until well after the project is completed. In addition, the new project managers will be assigned to nontraditional or more complex projects where the enterprise environmental factors will change continuously. Project governance will improve as well. The project manager will learn how to recover failing projects and perform health checks. We will also have a much better understanding of success and failure.
Speaker: Harold Kerzner, M.S., Ph.D., M.B.A
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:00pm - 8:30 pm (doors open at 5:30 for registration)
Business Mtg start at 6:45; Presentation runs 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Location: Holiday Inn, 6001 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131 ● Phone (216) 524-8050
- 5:30 pm - Welcome Table and sign-in opens, networking begins and Community Service team meets
- 6:00 - Welcome address; dinner is served
- 6:45 - Meeting announcements
- 7:00 - Award presentation
- 7:15 - Featured presentation
- 8:25 - Closing meeting and Raffle
Registration is Closed; we will not accept walk-ins for the event nor can accept payment at the door.
If you are a PMI member, please enter your PMI member id on the registration form. For individuals that are PMI members, have entered an accurate PMI member id, and also have a PMI certification, we will upload your registration information to PMI to report your PDU's for you, saving you time.
Registrations and cancellations must be received before end of day on Sunday, January 19th.
Dr. Harold Kerzner is Senior Executive Director for Project Management for the International Institute for Learning (IIL). He has a MS and Ph.D. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Illinois and an MBA from Utah State University. He is a prior Air Force Officer and spent several years at Morton-Thiokol in project management. He taught engineering at the University of Illinois and business administration at Utah State University, and for 37 years taught project management at Baldwin-Wallace University. He has published or presented numerous engineering and business papers, and has published more than 50 college textbooks on project management, including later editions. His three latest books are (1) Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling and Controlling; (2) Project Management Metrics, KPIs and Dashboards, and (3) Project Recovery: Case Studies and Techniques for Overcoming Project Failure.
He travels around the world each year conducting project management lectures in Japan, China, Russia, Brazil, Singapore, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, France, Italy, England and Switzerland.
His recognitions include:
- The University of Illinois granted Dr. Kerzner a Distinguished Recent Alumni Award for his contributions to the field of project management
- Utah State University provided Dr. Kerzner with the 1998 Distinguished Service Award for his contributions to the field of project management
- The Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Project Management Institute gives out the Kerzner Award once a year to one project manager in Northeast Ohio that has demonstrated excellence in project management
- The Project Management Institute (National Organization) in cooperation with IIL has initiated the Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year Award given to one project manager yearly anywhere in the world
- The Project Management Institute also gives out four scholarships each year in Dr. Kerzner's name for graduate studies in project management
- Baldwin-Wallace University has instituted the Kerzner Distinguished Lecturer Series in project management
Facilitator: Stephanie Price
Meal Choices: (you will be required to select your choice when registering)
- Chicken Tosca - Chicken Breast sauteed in an Herb Parmesan Batter finished with Lemon Buerre Blanc
- Bourbon Glazed London Broil - Marinated Flank Steak thinly sliced with a Bourbon Glaze
- Orange Roughy Baked with a Parmesan Cheese Crumb Topping and Lemon Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Eggplant Parmesan- Baked Eggplant with Parmesan Cheese
Entrees are served with:
- Mixed Greens with Mandarin Orange, Dried Cranberries & Red Onions with Sweet & Sour Poppyseed Dressing and Balsamic Vinagrette
- Fresh Vegetable Medley - Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots
- Parsley Buttered Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Rolls & Butter
- Chocolate Tuxedo Mousse Cake
- Coffee, Tea, Decaf and Iced Tea
- Assorted Soft Drinks
- $35 per member
- $40 per non-member