It is that time of year again, when we ask for nominations for positions with the Board of Directors for the NEO Chapter of the PMI.
The positions up for election for 2015 are:
The Secretary (2 Year appointment), Treasurer (2 Year appointment), Director at Large 1 (2 Year appointment) and Director at Large 2 (1 Year appointment)
The Secretary is responsible for the following:
- Preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
- Will review the bylaws annually and suggest improvements to our chapter’s organizational structure
- Complete the annual charter renewal for the PMI Global Operations Center
- Support our strategic planning initiatives.
- As time permits, this position also provides support for membership communication initiatives and board level oversight of special initiatives as needed.
Director at Large 1 and 2 position is responsible for the following:
- Work with Board, President and Chapter officers to provide leadership and expertise in developing and executing strategic plans for chapter.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to chapter officers
- Establish policies and objectives for governing the chapter to ensure compliance with PMI headquarters
- Provide chapter financials oversight
- Manage specific projects initiatives assign by Board
The Treasurer is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of the PMI - Northeast Ohio Chapter.
- Prepares a quarterly financial report(s) on the activities of the Chapter and forwards to the Chapter Board and Vice Presidents.
- Prepares other Chapter financial reports as required.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding income tax, sales tax, and making any required filings with governments having jurisdiction over the Chapter.