When do I report PDUs?
The following page on the PMI website provides useful information on how to maintain your credentials and report PDUs.
You only have to report PDUs to maintain your credentials for the following certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
How Do I report PDUs (please read the below completely):
1) If you provided a valid PMI ID when registering for a chapter event...
When you register on line for a local Northeast Ohio Chapter event that offers PDUs, and you provide a valid PMI ID, the chapter will report those PDUs for you. After the event you will receive an email confirmation from PMI that your PDUs have been reported. Please allow 3-5 business days after the event for the team to process attendance confimations and report the PDUs on your behalf.
2) If you did not provide a valid PMI ID when registering on line for a chapter meeting, the meeting was before June 2012, or registration occurs as a third party event...
Following are some circumstances where you will need to manually report your PDUs.
1) A valid PMI ID is not provided when registering on line for a chapter event.
2) For some events the Northeast Ohio Chapter does not collect your PMI ID during on-line registration, or passes you through to a third party vendor for tracking registrations.
In these cases, you will need to report your PDUs manually and follow the below steps to claim your PDUs. Please allow 3-5 business days after the event for the team to process attendance confirmation and PDU claim information.
The local chapter is listed as code C048, PMI Northeast Ohio Chapter.
*Note: Before proceeding through the PDU claim process, please be sure you received and keep your confirmation of attending the event, and access and download your PDU form at the Chapter Events menu on the chapter website at the link http://www.pmineo.org/index.php/events-calendar/pdu-forms .
To Report PDUs:
- Go to www.pmi.org
- Click on Login, and login
- Go to myPMI in the main menu, then click on “Report PDU” in the Certification Status box
- Under PDU Category, click on the down arrow for the dropdown box and select “Cat A: Registered Education Provider program/PMI Component Event”
- Under Activity type, select “Report a Component 1-2 PDU Event” or "Find an Activity (Course or Event)"
- Click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page
- Enter Provider Number: C048 (the letter "C" followed by the numbers zero, four and eight), or the Provider Name: PMI Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Click “Search” button at the bottom of the page
- Enter the dates of attendance, Activity Title (available on the PDU form) and remaining fields on the claim form including the "I agree" statement check box, and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to continue
- Click the checkbox to confirm the accuracy of the claim and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to submit your PDUs
- You should get 2 emails, one confirming your submission and one confirming approval. Please allow up to 24 hours for receipt of these emails.