The PMI NEO SLD (Student Leadership Development) is launching a new program to prep students in Project Management Professional (PMP) / Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification. This 'free' program is open only to students attending universities partnering with PMINEO.
- The program provides 7 students a free seat in the May and September PMP / CAPM Study Groups
- In addition, the students will receive a free membership to the Project Management Institute (PMI), which will provide them access to a vast collection of knowledge and even a potential for career shaping opportunities
- The students would only have to pay for their exam fees $225 for a PMI member and $300 for non-member
- The program is open to all full-time students in an accredited, degree-granting program. The partnering universities include Baldwin Wallace University, Case Western Reserve University, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland State University, Kent State University and University of Akron.
How will the program work?
- We are asking the instructors from the 7 colleges above to identify 1-2 students to participate in this program based on a set of criteria they select. An example could be giving students extra credit to write a paper on why her/him should be selected to participate. The instructor would pick the best paper to select the student(s) who will participate in the “Free PMI Membership and CAPM/PMP Certification” program. Instructors make the final 2 selections and the PMI NEO SLD only receives the names
- The instructor needs to ensure that the selected student(s) is available and willing to commit to attending ALL CAPM/PMP Study group sessions and have available transportation to the location (Progressive Insurance, 300 North Commons Blvd. Mayfield Village 44142)
- Students will pay themselves for the PMI membership ($32), submit an expense and get reimbursement. Instructions will be provided
By joining the PMI and earning the CAMP or PMP certification, students would demonstrate commitment to learning outside the classroom, gain a wealth of knowledge and make connections with potential employees who recognize the value of hiring certified candidates.