Advocacy and outreach: As does PMI globally, PMINEO is constantly acting as a strong advocate for the advancement of the project management profession within our region; reaching out to university faculty and students studying project management, those new to the profession, seasoned practitioners, government ofﬁcials, media outlets, and executives in a position to implement project management practices in their organizations.PMINEO is organized to help you advance your career in a multitude of ways, delivered through a broad array of channels, each of which is packed with value added. The following is a summary of the main benefits of becoming a member of PMINEO.
- Peer-to-Peer idea exchanges, collaboration and research: Our Members-only Industry Forums create value for members by bringing the points of reference from specific industries to the generalist culture of project management.
- Individual and corporate volunteering: Volunteer opportunities within the chapter to serve, hone leadership skills and to contribute in the promotion of project management within the community.
- Networking: Monthly Chapter program meetings provide an excellent opportunity to network with industry peershaving years of project management expertise across numerous industries.
- Professional Development:
- Professional Development Day Seminar: Signature event bringing to Northeast Ohio a forum where professionals can network and exchange ideas with the top professionals in the project management field. Notification of other Professional Development opportunities held in the local geographic area.
- Online Courses through ProLEARN / MindEdge: From online PMP and PMI-ACP certification exam prep, to Lean Six Sigma, Entrepreneurship, Financial Essentials, and MORE!, PMINEO is your primary source of online education and professional development support.
- Monthly Meetings: Meetings are scheduled January through November, and also cover a variety of relevant Project Management topics.
- Interaction with third party experts: Local seminars, meeting and courses that allow practitioners to acquire professional development units (PDU) to further knowledge and experience in the project management discipline.
- PMP Certification Preparatory Workshops: NEO PMI offers local PMP Certification workshops to help project managers prepare for taking the PMP exam. Areas of study include: Framework and Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Communications, Procurement, Risk, Human Resources and Quality.
- Recognition of Personal Professional Excellence:Sponsorship of the annual Kerzner Award bestowed on an individual project management practitioner who best demonstrates project management excellence.
- Industry Recognition of Organizational Excellence in Project Management:Active chapter committee to assist businesses in nominating local projects for PMI's Project of the Year award.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER!
Please create an account, sign up for our newsletter and keep your email address and other pertinent information current with PMI headquarters. With your contact information, we can then update you on PMINEO Chapter meetings and other events available to our members.
Feel free to email our new member orientation contact person with any questions about the chapter. We also host a “New Members” table at the monthly meetings.
We hope to see you at the next meeting and thank you for your interest in joining Project Management Institute and the NEO PMI Chapter – the organization of choice for project management professionals in our Northeast Ohio area.