Project Management Institute (PMI) has over 250 geographic chapters in more than 185 countries. Worldwide membership in PMI® is more than 500,000 professionals! To find out more about PMI and membership options go to the PMI website at www.pmi.org The Northeast Ohio Chapter of PMI is listed as code C048 (pronounced as: see zero four eight) in the PMI register.
As one of these charted PMI chapters, we serve as a premier professional association for Project Managers and for the project management profession. Our local chapter has members, located in Northeast Ohio (from Cleveland and its suburbs, east to the Pennsylvania border, west to Sandusky, and south through Akron & Canton and their surrounding suburbs.) Visit the Events Calendar link to see upcoming events.
To be recognized as an advocate of project management as a profession.
Promote project management as a recognized discipline by creating an environment that fosters professional development through continued learning, networking, and support of project managers.
Image and Brand - be recognized for consistent delivery of project management products and services.
Professional Development - offer relevant and beneficial development opportunities.
Networking and Community - facilitate and promote community among those that practice PM.
Knowledge - be a recognized source of project management knowledge and expertise.
Advocacy - become a positive voice in the advancement of project management within organizations.
Governance - operate as a flexible organization that can adapt to the needs of the chapter.
Current Products and Services Offered by the Chapter
- Local seminars, meeting and courses that allow practitioners to acquire professional development units (PDU) to further their knowledge and experience in the discipline.
- Monthly program meetings scheduled January through November. The subject of our program meetings contains a variety of relevant Project Management topics.
- Professional Development Day Seminars, bringing to Northeast Ohio a forum where professionals can network and exchange ideas with the top professionals in the project management field.
- Notification of other Professional Development opportunities held in the local geographic area.
- Volunteer opportunities within the chapter to serve, hone leadership skills and to contribute in the promotion of project management within the community.
- Sponsorship of the annual Kerzner Award bestowed on an individual project management practitioner who best demonstrates project management excellence.
- Active chapter committee to assist businesses in nominating local projects for PMI's Project of the Year award.
- Website specific to the activities of the Northeast Ohio Chapter, allowing for on-line registration to the various events. Website includes a member-only section for information sharing and a network of mentors.